On 09/14/10 17:28, Pivithuru Wijegunawardana wrote:
I want to display a histogram chart in Openoffice calc  via a java code. I
have been able to get the chart, but I want to change the x axis values of
the chart (which is now 1,2,3 etc.) to values taken from a cellRange of  the
same calc spreadsheet document.

I am quite unsure about the procedure i should follow to do this. It would
be really helpful if someone can help me one this.

Do you create the chart with cell ranges, or use XChartDataArray to set the data?

If you pass a cell range address sequence with the data to XTableCharts::addNewByName, just include the cells with the labels in the sequence and set the bColumnHeaders or bRowHeaders flag.

Niklas