Hi Jürgen,

> exactly the links back into the DevGuide are useful at least from my
> point of view.

Sure, I didn't say they aren't useful. The question is whether we should
evaluate how to replicate this functionality in doxygen. Using an
existing source code documentation tool, and enhancing it (via some
"plugins") to our special needs seems to be more reasonable than having
an own tool.

Sure, it is well possible that there's no way to plug this into doxygen
- fine then.

Still, for C++ documentation, I don't see a real benefit (feature- or
otherwise) of the current autodoc, compared with doxygen.

Ciao
Frank

--
ORACLE