Hi,

first of all, you have posted to a mailing list where you need
subscription. To ensure that you will get all replies to your emails
directly please subscribe under
http://api.openoffice.org/servlets/ProjectMailingListList

Nice to hear that you are working on a project with and for OpenOffice.org.

You will use Java, that means that you will communicate with the rest of
the office via the API. The Developers Guide will be a good resource for
you and everything else you can find about the API.

Download the SDK and play with the examples, maybe the NetBeans plugin
is also useful for you to develop your extension.

If you have questions please ask here on the list or alternatively on
d...@extensions.openoffice.org or d...@openoffice.org (where you also have
to subscribe)

DevGuide
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/OpenOffice.org_Developers_Guide

NetBeans Plugin
- the latest version working with NetBeans 6.9
http://api.openoffice.org/files/documents/22/4772/org-openoffice-extensions-2.0.7.alpha.nbm

Regards

Juergen