Hi,

first of all you should subscribe to this mailing list under
http://api.openoffice.org/servlets/ProjectMailingListList with a valid
OOo account.

You can use the OOo API to manipulate a spreadsheet document and insert
any kind of data, create charts, apply formulas etc. Or you can work on
the xml format directly, means you can create a report as template,
unpack the ods and work directly on the content.xml and zip later the
xml streams again to *.ods. The content.xml can be manipulate with
normal xml processing mechanisms like xslt. Or check the odfdom API
(www.odfdom.org), a Java based API to manipulate ODF documents directly
without office.

Juergen