On 03/21/11 16:45, Simona Pasca wrote:
I need to install openOffice-3.3.0 on Sparc-solaris2.8 machine;
I have downloaded some source of openOffice-3.3.0 tool from
http://download.openoffice.org/other.html site ,
but in my installation I need to change the way to the installation
path. I saw that the defaultdir for openoffice is " /opt ", but I
really need to change this location to another one.

Could you please help me with this information's and tell me which is
the method to change the installation path to openOffice-3.3.0 tool ,
on a sparc-solaris2.8 machine ?

<http://hg.services.openoffice.org/OOO330/file/b70298db35e1/setup_native/scripts/install_solaris.sh> is a script used by developers etc. to do that -- but, as noted, it is unsupported.

By the way, I am not even sure Solaris 2.8 is still supported by OOo 3. You might need to upgrade to Solaris 10.

-Stephan