Can I obtain a list of printers using Star Basic?

It was my understanding that OOo has always had an easy method of obtaining a list of printers, but that this method was not available from Basic. With OOo 1.x and 2.x, I issued the ".uno:Print" dispatch and then used an interesting set of routines to directly manipulate the print dialog to obtain a list of printers (wish I could say it was my idea).

The print dialog changed and this "cheater" method no longer works. I can pursue this method and modify it to work with the latest version of OOo (well, maybe I can), but, it would be nice if there were an easier way.

I had hoped it would be as easy as

 CreateUnoService("com.sun.star.awt.PrinterServer")

Unfortunately, the returned object is not usable.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php