Wow Johnny, you sure do get around :-)

On 07/16/2011 11:34 AM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
Is it possible with the OpenOffice.org BASIC IDE to access a web site,
login, copy some text to the clipboard, and then logout?
Any hints?

I have seen examples using Calc using tricks similar to these:

http://www.openofficetips.com/blog/archives/2004/11/webquery_scrapi.html
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=4103

In these examples, there was no need to login. The important point is that they simply loaded the page. I am not aware of a simple way to get the web contents without loading it into a document.

My fear is that the login step will fail unless you are able to pass the credentials as part of the initial http request.

I expect that the rest of the task is easy if you can solve the first part.

Interested in seeing any solutions that you find or create.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ

--