On 08/14/2011 01:45 AM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
011/8/14 Andrew Douglas Pitonyak<and...@pitonyak.org>:
Let me start by saying that this works just fine using OOo for all cases
without resorting to Global.

Do you have Option Compatible set anywhere?

No, isn't that for compatibility with Visual Basic? I'm not sure why I
would like to be compatible with that…

Dim translates to "Private", but Private is broken in OOo so it acts like "Public". A decision was made to NOT fix this in case it broke existing macros. The end result is that DIM acts correctly ONLY if Option Compatible is used.

Anyway, it worked (as far as I remember) without Global, but NOT from
the IDE by pressing F5 in some cases.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ