Ming Wen <wenm...@apache.org> 于2020年3月22日周日 下午7:02写道:

> [...]
>
>  - We have 15 committers and 69 contributors (including 15 committers) now.
> > since
> >  the last report, two commiters was elected, including one core
> contributor
> > on Openresty.
> >

> 3 new committers, not two.
>
>  we elected first non-initial PPMC @lilien1010. they contribute a lot for
> > our community.
> >  - We strengthen interaction/cooperation with other Apache project. E.g.
> > Apache skywalking.
> >  we also elected @Sheng Wu ( the PMC of Apache skywalking ) as our PPMC.
> > then he can help us
> >  a lot on community building.
> >  - the official docker image library migrated to Apache.
> >
> > ### How has the project developed since the last report?
> >
> >  The project has been quite health, with more than 255 pull requests, 120
> > of
> >  them have being merged since the last report. Compare to the last
> report,
> > the number
> >  of pull requests have 779% increase and the number of merged requests
> have
> > 380% increse.
> >  These pull requests are authored by a diverse set of contributors. In
> > order to guide more users
> >  to get started, we have added a quick start guide and enriched more
> > documents. Continue to
> >  remind people to communicate via the Apache APISIX mailing list.
> >

> I think you can also count the number of participants and threads on the
> mailing list.
>
>  During the peroid,we release two versions (1.0 and 1.1). the Pull Request
> > is mainly
> >  divided three aspects:
> >  - Fixing Apache APISIX bug.
> >  - add new feature and strengthen the stability of the code.
> >  - enrich more documents.
> >
> > ### How would you assess the podling's maturity?
> >
> > Please feel free to add your own commentary.
> >
> >  - [ ] Initial setup
> >  - [ ] Working towards first release
> >  - [X] Community building
> >  - [ ] Nearing graduation
> >  - [ ] Other:
> >

> The progress of Apache APISIX, released 4 Apache releases by 4 different
> release managers,
> added 4 new committers and 2 new PPMCs:
> - 2019-10-17 Project enters incubation.
> - 2019-11-25 APISIX 0.9 has been released.
> - 2019-11-28 New committer: lilien1010.
> - 2020-1-15 APISIX 1.0 has been released.
> - 2020-1-19 New committer: agile6v.
> - 2020-2-24 Apache APISIX Dashboard 1.0 has been released.
> - 2020-2-24 Apache APISIX 1.1 has been released.
> - 2020-3-1 New committer: sshniro.
> - 2020-3-6 New PPMC: lilien1010.
> - 2020-3-15 New PPMC: Sheng Wu.
> - 2020-3-16 New committer: spacewander.
> -
> I personally think the community is doing well,
> so my assessment of maturity is nearing graduation, what do you think?

I think Community Building is the right statement.
I noticed the APISIX's community development is good, but the `near
graduation` stage should be only after the community has made the consensus.
Right now, we are not.

APISIX has just 160 days in the incubator, I would say we have time.
Personally, I would suggest at least 3-5 release managers successfully do
5+ ASF releases, to make sure the PPMC team is ready on release check.

Doing the graduation preparation, we should review the maturity model
result, branding check, website review, release manager diversity check,
community discussion, etc.