Nak, no, you cannot incorporate cygwin on win32 for apr/apache,
and, no, Win32 doesn't run ./configure, and no, we don't expect
anyone on win32 to handle installation of anything beyond the
easy-to-install activestate perl, or we incoroporate the Lucient
licensed awk.  Apr itself is not built on cygwin porting.

This is a copy of CYGWIN_LICENSE from the cygwin sources...
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) as
published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the
License, or (at your option) any later version.

and that, for an Apache project, is the kiss of death.