Greg Stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'm sorry, but this is just feeling wrong.
>
> "Perl opens these DSOs for me, but won't close them. I can't patch Perl to
> do it for me... lessee... oh! I can patch APR! Yah, that's it!"
>
> I'm not comfortable with APR being a workaround for other problems.
>
> APR has a design: you build an apr_FOO_t and use that. We do have a notion
> of getting/setting a native FOO into those structures.

yep...

it is unfortunate that Perl doesn't have a way to close them but it is
easy enough to solve outside of APR if the existing APR way to
unnaturally (i.e., via apr_os_put|make_foo) is not deemed elegant enough
--
Jeff Trawick | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | PGP public key at web site:
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...