Hello!
Like some others I have a problem with connecting the tomcat 4 (beta 4 or 5)
with the apache 1.3.19.
The computer is a solaris 8 (sparc) system with jdk1.3 and a gcc compiler
I could successfully compile a mod_webapp.so file.
Although after copying it to the apache/libexec folder and running "apachectl
configtest"  I get the error:
libapr.so.0: symbol __eprintf: referenced symbol not found

Can anyone help me with this error message?

For compiling the mod_webapp.so I had to compile the "apr" package from apache.
My guess is, that I don't have the matching version of it.
On http://apr.apache.org/ I just go tthe latest snapshot
apr_20010523060225.tar.gz
Is this a good one? Is there somewhere a ready distribution tar? And which one
works with tomcat4.

Any help is appreciated,
Markus Albrecht

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]