Ryan Bloom wrote:

On Friday 07 September 2001 14:23, Brian Pane wrote:

The attached patches change the apr_table_t implementation from
a linear list to a hash table (not an apr_hash_t, though!).  With
this change, I'm seeing a ~3% improvement in throughput when
delivering a 0-byte file over the loopback on Linux.  (I used this
0-byte test case to measure the inherent overhead in the httpd, without
transmission time clouding the results.)

I dislike this. Why are we putting a second hash table into APR? If we want to use a hash, then ues an apr_hash_t. If apr_hash_t doesn't support something that we MUST have to do this, then fix apr_hash_t. Having two different hash alorithms in APR, one of them hidden under a tables API, seems kind of hackish to me.

Are you arguing in favor of using apr_hash_t in the implementation of apr_table_t,
or using apr_hash_t in place of apr_table_t in the request_rec? I'm comfortable
with the former, but not the latter.

--Brian