Stas Bekman wrote:

> Branko Äibej wrote:
>
>> Yup. There's no apr_fork on Windows, for instance.
>

> mod_perl's APR Perl API doesn't provides a glue for this one, because
> perl already provides fork() which works on all platforms, including
> win32.

Uh huh. Yes, perl's fork() "works" on Win32, if "work" is defined as
"not freak out". But it doesn't fork the process, as I was "happy" to
find out. At least, it doesn't in ActivePerl's Perl 5.8 port.

[snip]

> However in the case of APR_HAS_RANDOM we will simply drop
> apr_generate_random_bytes from the APR:: Perl API, because mod_perl
> code should work everywhere unconditionally, just like Perl does. A
> true write once run anywhere ;)

Yes, and not just write-once, it's also write-only -- 90% of the time
nobody can read what someone else has written in Perl. :-)

> Thank you Branko!

No trouble.

--
Brane Äibej   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   http://www.xbc.nu/brane/