On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 06:46:07PM +0200, Graham Leggett wrote:
> Joe Orton wrote:
>
> >And then I reverted them, since they broke VPATH builds with in-tree
> >apr/apr-util.  apr-util needs to find both apr_rules.mk and the awk
> >scripts, for the in-tree build, the former lies in a VPATH build
> >directory, the latter in the VPATH source directory; `apr-config
> >--installbuilddir` can't point to both.
>
> Is the correct fix then to move the awk scripts from the source
> directory to the build directory? (When I looked last night the awk
> scripts seemed to live in apr/build already, unless you're referring to
> other scripts)

Ah, by "VPATH build directory" I meant the build tree in a VPATH build
as opposed to the source tree, $builddir not $srcdir as it is to
configure.

> It seems cleanest to me that apr-util should look in a single directory
> for all artifacts it needs from the apr build.

Yah, I guess the apr configure script could be changed to copy the awk
scripts and mkdir.sh from $abs_srcdir/build to $abs_builddir/build for a
VPATH build, and then apr-config --installbuilddir could always print
$abs_builddir/build for the non-installed case, and never
$abs_srcdir/build.

I think that would work... I don't have any better ideas anyway.

joe