Joe Orton wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 11:45:31PM +0100, David Reid wrote:
>> OK, so big decision -
>>
>> 1) we delay 1.0.0 until we fix this
>>
>> 2) we aim for a 1.0.1 with this fixed in like 2 weeks or so... (This
would
>> also, inevitably, include some other stuff we don't have in 1.0.0)
>
> I vote (2).  This problem has existed forever, requires a fair bit of
> testing to fix properly.
>
> +1 on release of 1.0.0 RC4 tarballs, tested apr and apr-util OK on the
> usual bunch of random boxes here.

Please don't. The problem is nearly solved - I'll have a patch out for
review by the end of today.

As for testing, this is a fairly localized change, fairly easy to review and
be confident of its effects.

Additionally, it requires a change to the arguments of the APR_FIND_APR
autoconf macro. It will be far less painful for external to require
"find_apr.m4 from apr-1" rather than "find_apr.m4 from apr-1.0.1 or later".

APR 1.0 has taken quite a while to happen - it would be a great shame to
push it out the door just ahead of an important interface change.

Max.