Hello,

Quite a while ago I began migration a C-Application to use APR, first for file-io / locking only ( now also memory management and error- handling ).

Since it is not really easy to integrate apr memory-management into an existing application ( changing all the function signatures to take and apr-pool etc. ) there are still some few functions, that create an apr-pool with NULL as parent-parameter. This works nice, until I was playing around with apr_pool_cleanup_register to free memory allocated on the heap by other library methods.

In the Unit-tests I got application crashes (double free), which can generally be traced back to apr_terminate calling cleanup-methods, that were already called by apr_pool_destroy before, but _ONLY_, if there is more than one root-pool created. So my question is: Is it to be generally considered dangerous to have more than one root-pool in an application, or might there be another problem in my application, that I have to spend some extra-thinking on (this stuff is disgustingly hard to debug ;)?

Greetings
Sebastian