On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 09:08 -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:
> So,
> I get a link error, because it needs to link against -lcrypt.

What kind of system do you have? Where does the -lcrypt live on your
system?

BTW, doing the pg_config --libs will not give us the right thing here.
For instance, on my system, this returns:

-lpgport -lxslt -lxml2 -lpam -lssl -lcrypto -lgssapi_krb5 -lz -lreadline
-lcrypt -ldl -lm

Many of these things are most definitely not needed for the client to be
linked in (i.e. the --libs gives libraries used to build PostgreSQL, not
ones required to link to pq). We have to find a better way to do this...

--
Bojan