On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 12:45 PM, William A. Rowe Jr.
<wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> On 5/2/2011 8:11 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>> Anticipated timeline for release:
>>
>> * Jeff to review/test wrowe's fnmatch rewrite today (Monday)
>> * someone else do the same???
>
> Stefan was interested in it.  I'm building upon a list of patterns in
> test/testfnmatch.c designed to tickle bugs, not looking at the code
> again.  I'll commit Bert's root dir and my url path 'case-ignore'
> patch tonight, and spend just 20 min looking at the apr_file_stat's
> behavior w.r.t. new win7 softlinks with and without APR_FSTAT_LINK,
> just to make sure we are on the right page.
>
> I like the single announce idea.
>
> FYI there are two remaining warnings in apr_fnmatch.c, one is the
> assignment within conditional that is trivial to fix (it was paren
> delimited so the compiler shouldn't be complaining anyways), but
> the other is a fixed loop with no useful break expression, e.g.
> for (matchptr = pattern, matchlen = 0; 1; ++matchlen) termination
> conditions all had specific additional processing.  If there was
> a worthwhile alternative to avoid the warning, I didn't see it.
> If there are any other warnings at -Wall I don't use the same
> compilers as you had; please share.

You fixed one of those in the meantime, and I'm not seeing anything
here with my particular flavor of gcc or Sun Studio; clang is happy
too.

I'm planning to roll 1.4.3 in an hour or so; if the code is ready to
ship, great; if having a tarball to decide on brings others out of the
woodwork, great :)