On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 13:06:03 +0200
olli hauer <oha...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a public roadmap for apr and apr-util?
>
> I remember I have read something like changing to cmake.
>
> Also in the past there where sometimes a apr-2 snapshot
> where everything was delivered in one big distfile.
> (I think apr_20110821151329 was the last)
>
> I'm interested in this details to draw a rad map for the
> FreeBSD apr / apr-util / apache ports.

This is all discussed on this list, and changes with little
debate are usually passed through the corresponding STATUS
files in each branch.  There is no other active top level
planning document at this time.

In the near term, no major changes are expected, and we are
unlikely to rip out autoconf for those platforms where it works
relatively well.  There are some new features in apr-2.0 (where
apr-util has been folded into the same library) but not particular
schedule for releasing that branch at this time, nor a schedule
to release a new version-minor of 1.x of either apr or apr-util.

Windows specific build files and scons support are likely to
be replaced by cmake in the near term, initially in apr-2.0 tree.
It remains to be seen if this is worth applying to apr-1.x, or if
we use that effort to drive 2.0 towards release.