__imp__UuidCreate@4 referenced in function _apr_os_uuid_get@4
> This happens on many projects in /support that link to the static lib
(ab, httdigest, etc.).

Yes, if you do a true retro build, e.g. consume the raw .lib objects and
not the .dll's .lib,
then things might not resolve at some point.  Dynamic libraries are there
for a reason.

That's not entirely true, though.  We can add #pragma hints to bring in
specific external
libraries for downstream consumers.  Whether we want to do this or not for
the consumer
is another question, MS themself generally does not.

I don't think this is a regression.  If something needs a band-aid in the
httpd binary,
and doesn't affect replacing the underlying apr-1.dll with a fresh dll, and
only impacts
building older-httpd underneath newer-apr, I personally don't think it is a
blocker.  My
2c USD (which apparently is worth a lot more than it used to be, heh).

Bill