I really like the apr memory pool functions (aka arenas or regions [1]); it
makes it easier to write memory-safe code.  Of course, it is still the C
programming language; you don't have compile-time enforced memory safety
like with the Rust programming language, for instance.  But these APR
memory allocation functions are a big help in programming with memory
safety.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Region-based_memory_management