Hi Yann,

This patch looks like it should fix the hang we've seen based on the
instruction trace provided from a bug report (
http://i.imgur.com/RI3TKrU.png ) where essentially, queries_sent (
https://github.com/pagespeed/mod_pagespeed/blob/master/third_party/aprutil/apr_memcache2.c#L1414
) is never decremented.

The only reports of the bug have had HAProxy along with memcached, so I'm
not sure if something funky is going on there closing a connection in an
odd way.

One quick question on the parse_size function though.

Based on the protocol.txt for memcached, it seems like it should also be
valid if endptr[0] == ' ', endptr[1] == '\r', entptr[2] == '\n'
or even if just endptr[0] == ' ', no?

https://github.com/memcached/memcached/blob/master/doc/protocol.txt#L227

I'm not really quite sure if the protol description is correct.

Should it in fact read

instead of

And if the optional cas_unique token is present, wont this fail?

Jeff