Hi all,

APR has some places where DLLs need to be build, e.g. in iconv for ces
and ccs modules. The example make files for Visual Studio use the
"/export" argument for its linker to make functions or structures
externally available, but such a feature is not supported by all
linkers. I e.g. use Embarcadero C++Builder, which doesn't support such
thing, so I need a workaround instead by creating my own files which
declare the exported functions and structure as exported and include
the original file afterwards. This works liek the following:

> __declspec(dllexport) struct iconv_module_desc iconv_module;
> __declspec(dllexport) DATA;

> #include "../../../../src/ces/euc-jp.c"

As you already use API_DECLARE_* to decorate some functions, wouldn't
it be better to change everything which is mentioned in "/exported"
currently to use that as well? This way people with other toolchains
would have more influence.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--