+1

As long as we don’t require complete/100% C99 at this time.

Microsoft only intends to implement the C99 subset that is also part of the
recent C++ specs (or just easy to do) in Visual Studio, and in most cases it
already does in the most recent version.

But talking specifically about inline… I think it had that in VC 6.0/1998.

Personally my interest stops below the VS 2008 version. I won’t object on
breaking support for older versions.

(This is +- what we support with Subversion. VS2005 should still work as there
are not many differences with 2008, but nobody in the project tested anything
older in a long time.)

                Bert