On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 9:35 AM, Jeffrey Crowell <jcrow...@google.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to use aprutil to interface with sasl + memcached so that the
> memcached can live in a "hostile network".
>
> I don't see any support for the binary protocol, which is required for
> sasl.
> (https://code.google.com/p/memcached/wiki/SASLHowto)
>
> Is there any plan to support it, or is it already supported and I'm just
> missing something?

Trivial question, but SASL is auth only, not encryption right?  Protection
against MITM
modification of traffic in-flight?

Note that openssl is an optional component of apr-util 1.5, so end-to-end
crypto of the
entire traffic stream is realistic, and we always entertain patches if
someone wants to
whip something up for APR-util 1.6.0 (and APR 2.0 combines APR+util).

I wouldn't be big on APR providing the illusion of auth security if
end-to-end protection
is still absent.