On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 5:05 AM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes I got this, my point is that there are no duplicates here, one and
> only one per:
> - pthread mutex   => PTHREAD_SERIALIZE (kind of implicit since all
> unixes use pthreads, but not to be confused with
> PROC_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE...).

Herp derp... yup that was the error I made.

So the remaining question - whether it would be good to swap SYSVSEM
with PROC_PTHREAD on linux - should be based on more study, Jim's
performance question first and foremost, and also observations about
similar projects and the intrinsic flaw of lingering semaphores after abend.

It may be worthwhile to note that my default FC25 box has zero sysv
semaphores during normal operation, which suggests it is greatly avoided.