On 05/19/2017 07:14 AM, William A Rowe Jr wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 4:40 AM, Nick Kew <n...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I think we've done most of 1.6.0, modulo a couple of questionmarks.
>>
>> Potentially open issues are (in no particular order):
>> 1.  Mark timedlocks experimental
>
> The underlying question which we haven't resolved, and which our
> discussion didn't draw out enough opinions/voices, boils down to this
> simple question...
>
> [  ] Release 1.x may include experimental features, disabled by default
> [  ] Release 1.x may include experimental features, enabled by default
> [ X ] Releases don't include experimental features

But some words of explanation:

The risk I see with experimental features is that it might turn out during
stabilization phase, so on the way out of
experimental, that the API isn't right. And this is something we cannot change
then afterwards until a new major release.
On the other hand it is sometimes tough to get enough test audience for new
features when they are not contained in a
release. But I like to play it safe in this case. Hence my vote.

Regards

RĂ¼diger