On 2017-11-15 01:17, William A Rowe Jr wrote:
> But really, what you are describing makes no sense. You might obtain
> more help by starting with a description of your OS and installed system
> packages vis a vie OpenSSL an so on. None of us enjoy guessing games.

I'm using Fedora 20, although I never use the system's openssl includes
or libraries to compile anything.

I compile everything that is accessible from the outside (and their
dependencies) myself: openssl, curl, php, apache, apr, ...

My compiled openssl is installed in /usr/local/ssl

In all cases, except with apr-util, the build systems take the openssl
version I specify with the --with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl option.

Since this works without any issues with anything but apr-util, I would
deduce it is a bug in apr-util configure.

Until now I never had any "mess" in my build environment.

--
regards Helmut K. C. Tessarek              KeyID 0xF7832007C11F128D
Key fingerprint = 28A3 1666 4FE8 D72C CFD5 8B23 F783 2007 C11F 128D

/*
   await thee at its end.
*/