On 01/11/2018 04:15 PM, James E. King, III wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I submitted a pull request for windows builds in the APR trunk being broken
> since November... there are no CI builds on github pull requests.
>
> I also made a cmake build environment for logging-log4cxx to consume apr-2
> from the trunk and re-enable windows builds of log4cxx, but the APR trunk
> needs to be fixed first.
>
> Could someone tell me what is the project's current development practice for
> obtaining quality in the codebase?  Are there CI builds?  How are code merges
> validated for quality before they are merged?

I have no idea, but I could offer my humble setup here [1] and I could hook it
up to the apr upstream Github.
The problem is though the upstream processes Bugzilla attached or email sent
patches only, not pull requests, IIRC.

Cheers
Karm

[1]
https://ci.modcluster.io/job/apr-iconv-windows/
https://github.com/modcluster/ci.modcluster.io/tree/master/windows/apr-iconv

https://ci.modcluster.io/job/apr-util-windows/
https://github.com/modcluster/ci.modcluster.io/tree/master/windows/apr-util

https://ci.modcluster.io/job/apr-windows/
https://github.com/modcluster/ci.modcluster.io/tree/master/windows/apr

> In the Apache Thrift project, for example, we have standardized on using the
> free github, travis, and appveyor tools to run full unit and integration tests
> on every pull request and it has helped tremendously.  Hopefully apr is doing
> something similar?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

Michal Karm Babacek

--
Sent from my Hosaka Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7