On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 12:38 PM William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> > On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 9:34 PM, Richard Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > However, glibc's inttypes.h only provides them in C++ mode if
> > > _STDC_FORMAT_MACROS is defined, and libc++ doesn't define it.
> >
> > Sorry, needs more underscore: __STDC_FORMAT_MACROS.
>
> You cannot assume that inttypes.h gave you the c99 format macros
> by simply testing for inttypes.h, in fact earlier pre-c99 drafts of inttypes.h
> may have provided fixed types with no format macros whatsoever.

So I added r1856046 to define __STDC_FORMAT_MACROS in apr.h when needed.

> I'd think we mean to first keep the type mappings by d/ld/lld, ahead of
> then overriding these when we confirm PRI$64 macros are available?

The whole point of inttypes.h is to define the PRI*NN macros, so I
can't think of a platform (pre-99 or not) where inttypes would exist
without them..
Sticking to standard types when available looks to me like the more
evolutive way for APR (let the system handle those types/formats for
us).