On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 19:58:11 +0000
Steven Fosdick <stevenfosd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 at 02:34, Nick Kew <n...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Isn't your most obvious fix simply to allocate your row
> > from your choice of pool before the first get_row?
>
> That wouldn't work.  Here's the start of the dbd_oracle_get_row
> function in the apr_dbd_oracle driver:

OK, fairy nuff.  Probably my fault.  apr_dbd started life
as complementary to HTTPD's mod_dbd, and your millions-of-rows
usage wasn't really a consideration.

>   Is there guidance or a standard for driver writers
> elsewhere?

No.  Apart from our own needs, we just have occasional feedback
from users like yourself.

Just thinking aloud here, I wonder if an apr_dbd_row_alloc API
would meet your needs?  I haven't thought through how it
would be implemented, and it also raises the question of whether
allocator APIs for other apr_dbd structs might be in order.

--
Nick Kew