Le 10/05/2023 à 17:20, Ruediger Pluem a écrit :
I am a little bit bothered by the following hardcoded time in
memcache/apr_memcache.c::apr_memcache_find_server_hash_default

             if (curtime - ms->btime >  apr_time_from_sec(5)) {
                 ms->btime = curtime;
                 if (mc_version_ping(ms) == APR_SUCCESS) {
                     make_server_live(mc, ms);
#if APR_HAS_THREADS
                     apr_thread_mutex_unlock(ms->lock);
#endif
                     break;
                 }
             }

I want to make this configurable. I can think of the following three options:

1. Create an apr_memcache_create_ex that allows to set this value.
2. Create a new setter / getter function to allow to set / get this for a
previously created apr_memcache_t.
3. Encourage people to directly change the field that holds the time
information in the public struct apr_memcache_t for
    a previously created apr_memcache_t.

What makes most sense from an API point of view?

Regards

Rüdiger

Hi,

personally, I think that 2. is the cleaner way to go.

CJ