Hi,

i’d like to implement artifact storage in Archiva on a Database or Cloud
Storage (AWS, Google etc.)
instead of the artifacts (.jar, .zip) stored in a directory of the local file
system where Archiva is running.

I understand that the metadata can be stored in JCR and/or Cassandra but I’d
need a solution where
the artifacts itself should be stored in some DB or Cloud storage. Reason
behind is pretty much to support
High Availability in environments where NFS is not available and active-passive
not an option.

Wondering if that part of Archiva has some abstractions and where to start
looking. I’d definitely contribute
back to Archiva if its not too much of a hassle to implement.

I saw a similar posting about this few months ago but that wasn’t answered very
well, hence the question again.

Best Regards,
Ralf