Hi

On 25 September 2016 at 22:57, Martin <marti...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some questions regarding your development workflows with archiva:
> - Branches
>   As I see the master branch is the branch that should be kept consistent
> and
> where the build and test should complete without failure.
>   Are there any conventions about the commits into the master branch (
>   e.g. who commits into the master and when )?

you can commit here. For a big change it's probably better to use a feature
branch

>   There exist some branches regarding jira tickets and features that are in
> progress.
>   What branches to create depends completely on the developer or should
> branch
> creation be discussed on this list?

we are not so many so create your branch and do your hacking

>   I would like to create a branch for the jpa implementation. Currently I
> use
> a branch in my cloned git repository, but this means you have to clone it,
> if
> you like to try it out, so I think it would be better placed in the main
> archiva repository.

go for it for sure!!

> - Documentation on the web page
>   I would like to update the developer information on the web site (minor
> changes). May I publish the changes by my own (there seems to be enough
> info
> in the developer pages to manage this). Or should I only checkin and you
> like
> to review before publishing?

Sure push your changes then I can review.

> - OSGI
>   As I see the modules create osgi bundles. Do I have to consider something
> regarding osgi if I create new modules? Is OSGI used somewhere in the
> packaged
>  application, or is it only for other applications that want to use the
> libraries in a osgi container? Are there any tests regarding osgi?

It was a tentative but no one really maintains it. So I would not worry too
much about osgi do not focus on that.

> - Maven build
>   If I understand the pom.xml of archiva-redbac-core correctly, the parent
> module should reference all subprojects as dependency with the current
> version
> (project.version) and dependencies in the subprojects are without version?

yup that's it that the maven inheritance and dptMngt feature.

> - Jenkins build
>  I get sometimes emails regarding failed builds on the jenkins server. But
> they seem to be only temporarily. Is there someone who fixes the build, or
> do
> they normally recover automatically? When do I know, that my last commit
> brought the build to fail and needs further investigation?

They should recover but sometimes the platform can have issues.

--
Olivier Lamy