All,

I'm following up on this item.  There were previous discussion points about
renaming the JIRA instance from ARIATOSCA to ARIA.  I've point out to the
project in the past that the rename is meant to be a thorough process - all
podling resources should be named consistently.

If its decided to rename fro ARIATOSCA to ARIA, the following changes would
be involved:

- New JIRA project ARIA created.  No data retained.
- Git repos renamed from incubator-ariatosca to incubator-aria
- Maling lists renamed from @ariatosca.incubator.apache.org to @
aria.incubator.apache.org

I'm sure there are other resources as well.  The point is that within the
ASF, we strive for consistency (the whole convention over configuration
argument).  You will find two projects (that I can think of) that break
this mold - and they break it really well.  AMQ and CMDA always require
special handling.  CMDA is purely too long of a name
(climatemodeldatanalyzer), and AMQ was simply the first JIRA project.

If the podling chooses to rename itself, I don't have a personal opinion.
I will point out that the name ARIA is not specially unique and wouldn't be
something we could get a trademark on.  Its not that easy to defend.
ARIATOSCA is very unique and can be defended as a trademark.

John