Arthur,

There's some basic docs up on http://apache.org/dev/#web
It lists CMS as the preferred approach.  CMS isn't the preferred any
longer, so this needs some updating.

The recommendation is to use a dedicated git repo for the website code.
Once that's in, you would setup a jenkins job that clones the repo, builds
the site, and then pushes to asf-site.

There's a template for a shell script that does this here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/public/trunk/build_site.sh?revision=1776892&view=markup

We should be able to keep the discussions on this list, we can raise infra
tickets as needed.

John