On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 9:18 AM Ran Ziv <r...@gigaspaces.com> wrote:

> Okay. I didn't have anything to go by since as far as I can tell, other
> projects don't put their PyPI package candidates on /dist/dev, but to my
> understanding, in the previous voting thread you've requested to have it on
> there as well.

Nope, the only package I care about is source.  Having the others is an ace
in the hole though, since it's covering the source, binary and sdist
releases needed by pypi (FWIW, there was an effort to spin up an internal
pypi service but it's stalled).  When we verify, we can verify the full
package.  Now I know more about pypi dist's to be able to push back when
other projects publish bad releases.

Here's my +1 to release as is.

I would recommend adding the instructions to the readme at some point, this
block:

Instructions for installation etc. may be found in the README file inside
the tarball.
(Please note that the relevant installation instructions are for "source
installation", not "install from PyPI")

To use RAT to validate package conformance with ASF standards, please use
the ".rat-excludes" file, for example:
java -jar ../apache-rat-0.12/apache-rat-0.12.jar . -E .rat-excludes

In any case, I modified the layout as you'd requested.