Avia's mentioned at one point that we might have misunderstood the spec at
this section, and that in fact it can be possible to pass arbitrary inputs
into operations regardless of the interface definition - which would mean
this notion of  "configuration" might be unnecessary.

Also, note that the doc page is talking about "executors", which is
confusing as that's a different concept in ARIA (see the base executor
class); Supposedly up until now we've simply called these "operation
plugins".