Yes I understand and clarified in my last note.  The role listed in Jira is
incorrect - I should be listed in the Committers role group.  Right now I
am listed as a Contributor.  I cannot change my role, despite my level of
administrative permissions.

Please take a look here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/project-config/ARIA/roles

--Tom