Hi all,

first many thanks to Holly for organizing the Aries release. This is really a lot of work and she is doinga great job making it possible. Btw. I hope aries can switch to a simpler release concept soon but this is not what I wanted to discuss.

I have a concern about the old snapshots when a release takes place. Currently the snapshots are removed from the apache snapshot repo as soon as a release is started. This means that dependent projects like karaf have to adapt all the time.

So for each part of aries that is released we first have to switch to the next snapshot version as the release is not yet there and then to the release version. Even this effort only helps for local builds at the moment as the new snapshots do not seem to work through Jenkins. So each developer also has to build the aries trunk all the time.

So basically this means that the karaf build on Jenkins is now red for 24 days.

So to improve this I propose to keep the old snapshots for some months so dependent projects have some time to adapt to a new release or snapshot. What do you think? Is this possible?

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de