General consensus is that we should upgrade the maven-compiler-plugin to 3.1.
I will start to ripple changes through trunk so that it is possible to build
everything from source using JDK 7. This will mean that *everything* has to be
re-released (much like when we did 1.0.0).
I'm volunteering to do changes and releases for most of the "base" modules,
namely:
parent
testsupportutilproxyjndiblueprint
As I'm doing this in my spare time I may need somebody to take over for a while
after that.
I know that it will be a bit disruptive to trunk, but the release cycle will be
much faster if we do projects in batches. This will mean that some projects
won't build when checked out from trunk for the duration of the release vote
(only the ones in that release that depend on other things being released at
the same time).
I know that releasing from branches is another possibility, but we've been
asked not to do that again because of the problems we caused in the git
mirroring.
Are people prepared to put up with some disruption to save several weeks of
release voting?

Tim Ward
Apache Aries PMC member & Enterprise OSGi advocate
Enterprise OSGi in Action (http://www.manning.com/cummins)