Your mailer removes all the indentation, so I just did not notice this
email.
Replying now...

So these aren’t actually an original contribution? What is the correct
> licensing for these files? To my knowledge we can’t just put an ASL2 header
> on the XSDs if they aren’t already ASL2, and we definitely need something
> in a NOTICES file if we’re including somebody else’s IP. This should
> definitely include where we got the XSDs from and the name of the license
> we’re consuming them under.

The original schemas are copyrighted to SpringSource and licensed under
ASL2 as the whole Spring-DM stuff.  So I think it's safe to add a ASL2
header.  I'll fix the NOTICE file to report that.
See
https://github.com/apache/aries/commit/dad4991fd3c0a26b2d1b1734463c00cf557591fd
for a bunch of fixes.

I still need to add the rat plugin checks so that the header checks is part
of  the build.  I did work on that already but there's a problem where, if
we want the check to be automatic, we need to move it at the bundle level,
not the overall parent.  And this causes a problem because the parent is
the aries one and not a blueprint parent, so I'll have to change all the
parents somehow I think, or change the aries parent to do those checks,
which may be better indeed.

Anyway, unless there's a strong objection, and given this is not the first
release of those bundles, I'd like to go ahead with this vote, and all
those issues will be fixed next release.  It should be before summer I
think, as I'm planning a simplification of all those blueprint namespaces
in the short term.

--
Guillaume Nodet