This is a draft of the board report. Please provide feedback.

Best regards
Christian

----

Apache Aries software is a set of pluggable Java components enabling an
enterprise OSGi application programming model.

## Issues:
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Membership Data:
Apache Aries was founded 2010-12-15 (9 years ago)
There are currently 57 committers and 41 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 4:3.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Carlos Sierra Andrés on 2018-07-03.
- No new committers. Last addition was Amichai Rothman on 2019-05-23.

## Project Activity:

Releases:
- jax-rs-whiteboard-1.0.6: 2019-09-24
- component-dsl-1.2.2: 2019-09-20
- proxy-impl-1.1.6: 2019-09-19
- spifly-1.2.3: 2019-07-08
- rsa-1.14.0: 2019-05-20
- cdi-1.0.2: 2019-04-06

## Community Health:

- In this period we have rather low activity as the upcoming OSGi specs are
  still in early stage.
- Mainly maintenance releases
- The work on our new Website stalled a bit.
- As planned I asked for nomination for a new PMC chair. Unfortunately no
one
  stepped up. So I will remain the chair for now but keep asking for
  volunteers.

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Computer Scientist