There is already one without OSGi (utilda:
https://geronimo.apache.org/microprofile/), guess it is just a matter of
finishing the OSGi meta for all the desired spec (guess health has not yet
the right OSGi-CDI registration for ex).
That said it already runs with winegrower having OSGi and CDI side by side
:).
Not sure a good home though for such example.
After some thought I think Karaf can be saner than aries since it is the
Apache integration project.

Romain Manni-Bucau