Alternatively we can rebase master on the release if patch have been merged
concurently to the release vote.
I think it is fine to rebase commits that have not been released yet.
(the release sha however must stay the same)
I find usefull to have the release tag in the master history to know byt
looking at the git log if a given patch was before or after a release. Even
if this info is duplicated somewhere else (jira) this one is the source of
truth.

--
Julien