hi all,

A group of companies have created a project called the GPU Open
Analytics Initiative (GOAI), with the purpose of creating open source
software and specifications for analytics on GPU.

So far, they have focused on building a "GPU Data Frame", which is
effectively putting Arrow data on the GPU:

https://github.com/gpuopenanalytics/libgdf/wiki/Technical-Overview
http://gpuopenanalytics.com/

Shared memory IPC and analytics on Arrow data beyond the CPU are
definitely in scope for the Arrow project, so we should look for ways
to collaborate and help each other. I am sure this will not be the
last time that someone needs to use Arrow memory with GPUs, so it
would be useful for the community to develop memory management and
utility code to assist with using Arrow in a mixed-device setting.

I am not sure how to best proceed but wanted to make everyone aware of
GOAI and look for opportunities to grow the Arrow community.

Thanks,
Wes