Thanks Sid and Emilio. I think, this can be extended to pretty much all the SQL
and corresponding Arrow data types.

-Atul

-----Original Message-----
From: Siddharth Teotia [mailto:siddha...@dremio.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 10:27 AM
To: dev@arrow.apache.org
Subject: Re: Correct way to set NULL values in VarCharVector (Java API)?

Another option is to use the set() API that allows you to indicate whether the
value is NULL or not using an isSet parameter (0 for NULL, 1 otherwise). This
is similar to holder based APIs where you need to indicate in holder.isSet
whether value is NULL or not.

https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/master/java/vector/src/main/java/org/apache/arrow/vector/BaseVariableWidthVector.java#L1095

Thanks,
Siddharth