Also, at this point we're sometimes hitting the 50 minutes time limit on
our slowest Travis-CI matrix job, which means we have to restart it...
making the build even slower.

There's something perhaps suboptimal in the way we build Arrow C++ on
Travis:
- first we build it for no particular Python version
- second we build it for Python 2.7
- third we build it for Python 3.6

Even those C++ files that don't depend on Python get re-compiled thrice
(and ccache doesn't save us, probably because the compile flags are
different).

Regards

Antoine.