Le 30/11/2018 à 15:43, Ben Kietzman a écrit :
> Hi Antoine,
>
> The conversion of previous blocks is part of the fall back mechanism I'm
> trying to describe. When type inference fails (even in a different block),
> conversion of all blocks of the column is attempted to the next type in the
> fallback graph.

I see.  What I mean is that conversion cannot be a simple cast from the
previous type.  For example, conversion to "int64" can lose some
information (e.g. whitespace or leading zeros).  So, when converting
again from a different type, you must actually start back from the
original textual data.  I'm not sure your API would address that.

Regards

Antoine.